Executive and Operational Leaders
- Understand the concept of Systems Thinking and Models of Safety – looking beyond the individual and the flawed concept of ‘Human Error’
- Gain the knowledge and skills to set your people up to succeed
- Understanding the implications of Human Capabilities & Limitations on patient safety, and how systems can be designed to mitigate for these
- Understand different models of safety – balancing compliance and flexibility within standardisation of safety processes
- How to ensure a high level of risk reporting & effective dissemination of learning from incidents
- Developing a Just & Learning Culture – reducing the fear of blame
- Embracing Transformational Leadership – lessons from Olympic Sport
Can be split into 2 x 1-day events
“Feedback from clinicians who had previously taken Human Factors Training highlighted that they have found it difficult to put the safety lessons they learned into place at their own trust because they had limited support from leaders”.
Quality Care Commission, 2018 (Opening the Door To Change)
“Ben adapted to the needs of the group, allowed time for conversation with very skilled moderation – supporting balance. It helped me understand the potential disconnect between ‘management’ and front-line staff”.
Linda McGranahan, Associate Director for Maternity Services, Bedford Hospital NHS Trust