- Anyone involved in supporting doctors returning to training
- Refresh understanding of Human Factors & Human Performance and models of safety in complex environments
- Discuss some of the challenges faced by Returning to Training for both the individual and their teams/organisation, as well as opportunities
- Understand the impact of time out of work on decision making & situation awareness
- How to build confidence & resilience in those returning to work
- How to help returners to feel comfortable in seeking support, and to be able to raise concerns
- Looking at team behaviours that aid or impede integration of new/returning team members – what role do you play?
“Junior doctors face challenges over their confidence and competence. Many supervisors are either not aware of this or unwilling to look at solutions. I feel strongly that a supportive return to work should be mandatory for all those away for more than 6 months as a patient safety matter”
– Anaesthetic Consultant
“Very good, practical and supportive session. Would definitely recommend to others. Very knowledgeable trainer”.
Clinical supervisor – Princess Alexandra NHS Trust