About this course
Evidence-based, utilising cutting edge safety & performance science, this course is suitable for all Healthcare Professionals, both clinical and non-clinical; it is applicable to all departments and multi-disciplinary teams.
Accredited by Chartered Institute of Ergonomics & Human Factors, you’ll take part in interactive actitvities and leave with practical tools to take away.
This unique 1-day distance-learning course is delivered via Zoom by our expert trainers in a format designed to maximise learning retention and application of knowledge.
- Accredited by the Chartered Institute of Ergonomics & Human Factors
- 1-day course
- Up to 20 participants
- Practical tools to take away
- Evidence-based, utilising cutting edge safety & performance science
- Interactive activities
- Suitable for all Healthcare Professionals, both clinical and non-clinical
- Applicable to all departments and Multi-disciplinary teams
- Understand the concept of Systems Thinking and Models of Safety – looking beyond the individual and the flawed concept of ‘Human Error’
- Gain an introduction to Human Capabilities & Limitations & how those influence quality and safety of care – how humans can be Heroes and Hazards
- Be able to unpick the nature of human fallibility and why practice does not always make perfect
- Have the knowledge to proactively contribute to the safety culture in your organisation
- Be able to recognise error-provoking conditions and influence your systems of work
- Understand the relationship between stress and performance/risk of error
- Take away a tangible model for understanding the relationship between our physiological needs and performance – do we set ourselves up to fail?
- Understand strategies to optimise High Performance Teamworking with ad hoc teams